An Unexpected Nanny

Friday, October 31, 2014

Monkey Business will be out today on Blushing!

Today I'm going to share a snippet from my newest release due out today on Blushing Books: Monkey Business.  If you need a bit of a memory jog, the start of this story began when I posted it last year for Spankee Doodle Dandee


This snippet is unedited but I wanted to share a taste. No cover yet but I'll slip it in as soon as I get it. 



This piece has a tad more than 8 sentences but they are really small. After her spanking, Summer apologises but gets caught out again in her explanation of why she's sorry. When she started the internship she had signed a contract that she had a car and license so that she would always make it to work on time. When Ben finds out she caught the bus, he is unimpressed. 





“It also specified that you needed to have a driver's license and a car.”

“I did have a driver's license and a car. I still do.”

“I think the idea was that you were meant to use it and get to work on time.”

“ I got that.”

“Why didn't you drive in? I've seen you in a car. So if you understand the rule and you own a car and a license, why didn't you use it to get here on time?”

“I couldn't drive just today. Well today and last Monday. Then I couldn't drive either.”

“Is your car in working order?”

“Yes.”

“Well why weren't you in it today?” Ben asked with increasing frustration.




Blurb:


Summer receives the opportunity of a lifetime when she scores a placement in a volunteer program in a zoo.Ben, as Summer's mentor sees a bright and talented young woman who needs some structure and discipline.

Will Ben be able to help Summer reach her potential? 

Has Summer met her match?


Link

Blushing Books



Thanks for stopping by, don't forget to catch the other blogs


7 comments:

  1. Well come on, tell me why. Eight sentences frustrate me, so I think you have done your job well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new release! I'm going to have to check it out.
    It's like she's trying to talk him into a circle, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like he'll keep asking questions until the truth comes out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the upcoming release Constance. Their conversation is making me giggle. I might have some idea where it will lead...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new release, Constance!! Nice snippet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your latest release. And I'm thoroughly intrigued by this exchange ... Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's getting herself deeper into trouble with this one :D

    ReplyDelete

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Sexy Cherry